As I’ve ‘confessed’ in the past, I have a bit of a sweet tooth and so I’m always on the lookout for ideas for healthier versions of old (sweet) favourites!
Well, I came across an idea for raw fudge a while back and from that I created this raw chocolate fudge recipe, that even if I do say so myself, is seriously good! It’s also really quick and easy so I thought I’d share. Here it is:
Raw Fudge Ingredients
- 2 cups of raw nuts (any type or a mixture of raw nuts)
- 1/2 cup of raw organic dessicated coconut
- 1/2 cup of organic coconut palm sugar (or more or less to taste depending on whether you use cacao or carob as carob is naturally sweeter)
- 1/2 cup organic raw cacao powder or raw carob powder (you may need to use more sugar if using cacao as it is not sweet on it’s own like carob)
- 1/2 cup cold pressed extra virgin coconut oil
You will also need a powerful blender to make this recipe. If you don’t have a good blender or you’ve been thinking about buying a new one, check out my research on the Vitamix 5200 blender.
How To Make Raw Fudge
Chop the raw nuts in a blender until they resemble bread crumbs.
Put chopped nuts in a bowl and add the:
- coconut palm sugar
- carob or cacao powder
- melted coconut oil
Mix the ingredients together. The mixture will have a dry crumbly texture but it should stick together when pressed tightly in the hand. If it does not stick together add a bit more coconut oil.
Pack the mixture firmly into a tray and place in the freezer.
Once cold and hard, cut up or break into pieces and store in the fridge or freezer.
P.S. If you need ingredients I’ve linked to popular products at Amazon from the ingredient list, or another great option for these products is to order from Iherb. They ship all over the world and if you use my link you’ll receive a discount on your first order. Click here to shop at Iherb!