Avocado Mousse With DoTERRA Essential Oils
This chocolate avocado mousse (yes, it’s raw) is perfect for any occasion, and honestly, if you don’t tell anyone it’s made from avocado they’ll never know!
Isn’t avocado an awesomely versatile super food? You’ve gotta love it – especially in this recipe! 🙂
I’ve been making this raw avocado mousse for years, and I’ve made it for various people, and they’ve all been surprised when I’ve told them it’s made from avocado.
Even those strange people who don’t like avocado love this mousse! It doesn’t taste like avocado. In fact it’s not avocado-y at all. It tastes like a delicious chocolate dessert.
Tip: I’d advise you not to tell them what it’s made from until after they’ve eaten it! 😉
This avocado mousse recipe is super quick and easy. Scroll on down to get started…
Avocado Chocolate Mousse
- Blender or Thermomix
- 2 medium to large avocados
- 1 large tablespoon of raw honey
- 1 large tablespoons of organic palm sugar or rapadura sugar
- 1 tsp natural vanilla essence (NOT imitation)
- 1 large tablespoon of organic virgin coconut oil
- 1 heaped tablespoon of raw cacao OR raw carob powder
- 1/8 tsp organic Tamari
- 1/8 tsp Balsamic vinegar
- 2 drops Wild Orange or other DoTERRA essential oi (optional)
- Place all ingredient into a strong blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Refrigerate for an hour or more to cool.
- Add 4-6 drops (or more to taste) of DoTERRA Wild Orange essential oil – it goes soooooo well with chocolate! OR other essential oils that you could try are Peppermint, Cardamom, Cinnamon…. Mmmmm….
- Use whatever sweeteners suit you. A few options are stevia, maple syrup, date syrup, coconut nectar. If you prefer it less sweet simply cut down on the sweeteners.
This raw mousse is sooooo good. Make sure you taste it before serving to make sure it’s sweet enough for you as ‘medium’ or ‘large’ avocados can be different sizes and so you might need to add a bit more coconut sugar or honey if you like it sweet… 😛